Many people aspire to have a perfect smile, especially like the celebrities on TV. Not only will a set of pearly whites make you more appealing, but it will also boost your confidence, your social interaction, and the quality of your life. When it comes to achieving a great smile, having a set of white teeth can make all the difference. This is why many individuals opt for teeth whitening, whether through professional treatments or at-home products.
Of course, getting professional treatment is a more viable solution, and here are several reasons you should opt for expert services for teeth whitening:
Two basic teeth-whitening options
Before we delve into the benefits of professional teeth-whitening services, let’s first tackle the two primary methods to get pearly whites. Take note of the following:
- At-home products: There are many teeth-whitening products readily available in the market. These include whitening toothpaste, oral rinse, gels used in trays, whitening strips, whitening chewing gum, and whitening paint-on gel. All it takes is to buy these products from a pharmacy or grocery store, read the guideline, and apply them yourself. In most cases, at-home products contain between 3 and 20 percent of carbamide or hydrogen peroxides as the bleaching agents.
- Professional teeth whitening: This dental treatment requires you to visit your dentist and have him or her work on your teeth using whitening solutions and dental tools. A more advanced dental treatment is laser whitening, which involves bleaching products painted onto your teeth, and a laser shone on them to activate the whitening.
Here at Dental House MI, we offer teeth whitening services in Ann Arbor and Waterford as part of our cosmetic dentistry services. Our ultimate goal is to make your smile gleam and shine with a set of white teeth!
The advantages of professional teeth whitening
Now, let’s discuss the benefits of a professional teeth whitening treatment. Here’s why it’s better to opt for expert services than DIY teeth whitening:
- Safe whitening products: Teeth whitening treatments require the use of a strong solution of peroxide on your teeth. The problem with at-home products is that you can leave the chemicals for long, dehydrate your teeth, and increase your teeth sensitivity. On the other hand, your dentist knows exactly what to do to make the whitening treatment work and prevent any form of dental deterioration.
- Proper dental treatments: Apply teeth whitening products will only be based on the instructions indicated on your label. If you aren’t an expert, these products may not work effectively or may even compromise your teeth. What’s great about leaving the dental treatments to your professional dentist is that you have the assurance you’re in safe hands, as they will only utilize tried-and-tested procedures for you!
- Effective whitening solutions: The most practical reason to get a professional dental treatment is the assurance of getting your teeth white as your dentist will be using highly effective whitening solutions. Some hesitations have to do with the fact that professional treatment is more expensive than at-home products. But if there’s one thing, you’ll surely have a set of sparkling, white teeth soon after you leave the dental clinic.
At this point, you now know that professional teeth whitening is way better than opting for at-home products. By getting professional dental treatment, you can ensure safe product use, proper treatments, and effective whitening solutions. Ultimately, you’ll end up having the perfect smile that you so deserve to boost your confidence!
As a dental house in Ann Arbor, we provide dental services like preventive dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and oral surgery. If you’re looking for a local dentist for professional teeth whitening service to bring back your white smile, get in touch with us today for a free consultation!