You may need to seek restorative dentistry services to correct your teeth’ critical issues and prevent oral diseases. However, you may not have access to the information you need to understand what restorative dentistry is and what it can do to maintain your oral health. Fortunately for you, we have just the information you need!
This article will provide you with all the necessary information you need to understand restorative dentistry. The main goal is to help you understand the importance of comprehensive dental care in preserving your oral health.
Restorative Dentistry Services
During a dental checkup, your dentist will assess your teeth to find imperfections, like decay and discoloration. You may also have some missing and chipped teeth. To solve these critical oral health issues, the dentist may consider the following solutions:
- Veneers: Veneers help you preserve your teeth’ structure. They are usually made of composite or porcelain material shaped to look like healthy-looking teeth, correcting discoloration and physical defects.
- Fillings: Dental fillings are used for teeth that are internally damaged due to decay. Your dentist will use dental-grade materials, like amalgam and composite, to reinforce your teeth’ structure and restore their functionality. Dental fillings are also widely preferred over other restorative dentistry techniques because of their semi-permanence and aesthetic appearance.
- Crowns and Bridges: Dental crowns are used when a tooth (or more) is damaged and doesn’t function properly. Dental bridges can also be recommended if there are two or more teeth damaged on the same row. Both crowns and bridges are semi-permanent and adhere to existing dental implants to strengthen the teeth’ structure and improve their natural appearance.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial tooth replacements that are placed with a titanium screw drilled into the jaw one. A dental crown is placed on top to make the implant look like a tooth.
- Removable Partial Dentures: You or your dentist may prefer a more temporary replacement for your damaged teeth. That is when removable partial dentures are recommended, which are dental prosthetics held together by a framework attached to retainers and natural teeth. Removable partial dentures can be conveniently removed while sleeping.
Things to Do Before Restorative Dentistry Appointment
Before any restorative dentistry appointment, there must be some things that need to be accounted for to ensure success and convenience. Consider the following steps and coordinate this information with your dentist:
- Payment and insurance plans: You need to be clear with your dentist about how you intend to pay for all the restorative dentistry treatments. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about the pricing because we can provide you with the most reliable yet affordable dentistry services!
- Post-treatment: You may have to set a few things before your treatment to guarantee your convenience after the restorative dentistry treatment. For example, let’s say you need to take anesthesia before your dental implant treatment, meaning you will be disoriented after and need someone to drive you home safely. Ask your dentist about post-treatment and when your next dental appointment will take place. That way, you can keep your dental health and well-being in check.
Discover What Restorative Dentistry Services Are Available For You!
There are dentistry solutions made just for you! Check out our professional yet affordable restorative dentistry services and contact our staff if you have any further inquiries.
Restorative dentistry is part of comprehensive dental care and your commitment toward impeccable oral health, meaning you may need a procedure or two. But to be sure, you need to consult with your local dentist to determine your teeth’ general health and condition. Set an appointment today to ensure that you are doing everything you can to care for your teeth!
Are you looking for a professional, local dentist in Ann Arbor? We at Dental House MI can provide you with that. We have the best restorative dentistry services available to help you maintain your beautiful smile. Book your appointment with us and discover the benefits of comprehensive dental care!