Trips to the dentists can be traumatic for many families, especially for those children. Even if parents manage to set up an appointment, treatment becomes impossible when your child is screaming their heads off. The pain of their first tooth extraction or simply being strapped into the dentist’s chair can trigger negative emotions. It feels like an evil scientist operating on you like you’re Frankenstein’s monster!
The solution? Painless dentistry services! These are great for children and even adults who are not comfortable with going to the dentist. These services are not only pain-free, but they can be more effective and efficient than the pain-inducing treatments! This is all thanks to advancements in dental technology and modern medicine.
This article discusses the available services and benefits of pain-free dentistry. The goal is to help you alleviate the stress of feeling pain or anxiety during a visit to the clinic (either for yourself or your own child). In fact, you may want to look into the list of pain-free services before you consider calling your family dentist again for a consultation.
Pain-Free Dentistry: Is It Expensive?
Before looking into the different pain-free services, we need to first debunk this common myth: all pain-free dentistry services are expensive because of the workaround compared to traditional ones.
The fact of the matter is that you can get affordable dentistry without the pain! This is largely because of the prominence of new dental technology. You see, as these new tools are becoming standardized in every American dental clinic, they are becoming more available and thus cheaper than they were before.
The expense of pain-free dentistry can depend on other fees such as clinic operating costs and the set professional rate of the dentist. It also depends on the complexity of the procedure needed to fix your teeth.
Yes, pain-free, affordable dentistry is possible! You just need to keep your eyes peeled for discounts and special offers so that your spending is also pain-free!
Different Pain-Free Dentistry Services
Now that we have debunked the common myth for pain-free dentistry, it’s time to see the common options that you can have for your next appointment. Your dentist may have these or other pain-free services that can just be as effective! Take note of the following and ask whether they are possible for your next visit:
- Laughing Gas: This is one of the more popular items used in dentistry—even old-timey cartoons know about it! Laughing gas is also known as nitrous oxide. It effectively helps the patient calm down and sit comfortably before the treatment. You inhale the gas and enter a state of euphoria or literally let out some laughs. This will effectively disconnect you from feeling any dental pain.
- Lasers: As futuristic as it may sound, laser dentistry has been commonly associated with more soft tissue procedures or gum treatment. There are now more advanced lasers for dental procedures, which are significantly less painful but just as effective!
- Composites: When you need a newly installed tooth, you can request for composites or porcelain fillings. These are less painful compared to metal fillings.
Benefits of Pain-Free Dentistry
Now that you have been made aware of the different services available, it’s important for you to understand their benefits. They are most associated with the holistic experience of your appointment and how you can keep your dental health in check without the pain:
- Effective Dental Care: No pain, no gain? Not true for pain-free dentistry! Gone are the days of cowering behind the dentist chair because now the reason to be anxious is gone—plus, your teeth can be worked on properly!
- Strong Dentist-Patient Family Relationship: The pain-free experience also allows you to have a stronger bond with your family dentist, compared to the sweaty handshakes and awkward conversations with the ones who insist on dentally hurting you!
- More Convenient and Easy Appointments: You no longer have to drag your feet or bribe your child into going to the dentist. It’s easy to dip in and out of the clinic so that you can simply enjoy your weekend doing other family activities!
Affordable, pain-free dentistry is no longer a daydream, so make that confident appointment call today and willingly surrender yourself to your family dentist. Remember, there won’t be any pain that you’ll need to endure!
Are you in need of a local dentist in Waterford and Ann Arbor? We’ve got professional and affordable dentistry services just for you! Get your teeth cleaned and healthy by booking an appointment with us!