10 Ann Arbor Trip Ideas: The Cheat Sheet for Travelers
Visiting Ann Arbor
There are many great reasons to visit Ann Arbor, Michigan. Ann Arbor has been considered one of the Ten Best Places to Live in the United States. The city is an excellent weekend destination and the home of beautiful museums, spectacular parks, and a wide range of shops, restaurants, and cafes.
Free Things to Do in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor offers an array of free and fun things you can do with your kids. Here are some great places that are free to visit during their hours of operation:
- The University Of Michigan Museum Of Art (UMMA) – UMMA was built as a war memorial in 1909. It’s one of the largest art museums in the U.S. and one of the most fascinating attractions in Ann Arbor.
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum. – Run by the University of Michigan, these two properties feature a fascinating array of botanical and display gardens and conservatory areas with awesome hiking and walking trails.
- Kerrytown – A historic district in Ann Arbor, Kerrytown is famous for its vibrant culture, picturesque brick streets, and a vast array of shops. It features numerous bustling markets, charming restaurants, and locally owned shops that sell virtually everything, including fashionable clothing, hand-crafted art, toys, and vintage treasures.
If you’re planning to travel with your loved one and are looking for romantic things to do in Ann Arbor, you’ll be spoiled with choices.
Date Night Spots in Ann Arbor
Finding an ideal place for a date night is normally difficult, but that’s not the case with Ann Arbor. Here’s a look at some superb spots that offer just the right ambiance to execute your Ann Arbor date idea.
- The Last Word – Hidden away and dimly lit with lots of easy drinking cocktails, The Last Word’s underground setting is a true definition of a romantic date night spot. The spot is characterized by Live Jazz and sharply dressed bartenders serving original and classic cocktails.
- Logan Restaurant - What makes Logan Restaurant stand out is its sophisticated menu that features influences from around the globe. Its serene backdrops and top-notch service sets an excellent aura for a romantic night out.
- Alley Bar – If you’re looking to break away from the dating norm of having dinner in a fancy environment, then Alley Bar would be your ideal spot.
Ann Arbor Parks
If you’re looking for somewhere to spend the day, Ann Arbor has got you covered thanks to its large number of parks, including:
- Argo Nature Area and Bandemer Park – Located on either side of the Huron River, Argo Nature Area and Bandemer parks offer excellent spots to while away your summer afternoon.
- Gallup Park Ann Arbor – Covering an area of 69 acres, Gallup park is perhaps the best of Ann Arbor. It’s situated along the Huron River and Geddes Pond and has a lot to offer, including picnic sites, playgrounds, canoeing areas, as well as walkways and bridges.
Kid Friendly Activities
Ann Arbor offers a wide selection of fun spots to take your kids, including:
- Kidopolis – This place is great for the kiddos! It's an indoor play space with rooms themed around different parts of the city! Kids love it and parents love how tired their kids get after a full day of fun here 🙂
- Sky Zone Canton – This indoor trampoline park offers activities for children of all ages including skyrobics, pre-school school jump, and junior and senior high school jump times.